Welcome!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

-C.S. Lewis


What we read has such an impact on us, and I am always on the lookout for something that will inspire me to be a better person. Here is a sampling of books that have been in the teetering stack sitting on top of what is rumored to be my bedside table.





Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beneath a Southern Sky, by Deborah Raney

I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it yet. Deborah Raney's books were recommended to me by Goodreads, and I really wish that I had discovered her much earlier. Her writing style is nothing short of amazing, and this book latched onto my attention from page 1.

The basic premise is that the heroine and her husband are living a very happy marriage on mission in Columbia when the husband dies. The grieving widow returns to America, where she gives birth to their child, and attempts to put the pieces of her life back together. Two and a half years later, she is happily remarried to another man - until she receives word that her first husband has been found alive. She's put in the terrible position of having to choose between two men she loves.

This book deals in a very powerful way with the theme of sacrificing our own desires to meet God's plan for our lives. And, really, if you enjoy Christian fiction, this one is a must-read.

Five out of five stars

No comments:

Post a Comment