Welcome!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

-C.S. Lewis


What we read has such an impact on us, and I am always on the lookout for something that will inspire me to be a better person. Here is a sampling of books that have been in the teetering stack sitting on top of what is rumored to be my bedside table.





Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beguiled (Fiction)


The styles of the two authors blended together nicely. This was a very well-written book, with the perfect mesh of adventure and romance. The crime novel portion was interesting, although the ending was as predictable as these things usually are. The religious aspects of the novel, while important, definitely took a back seat to the crime aspect of the story, so I think that anyone, Christian or not, would enjoy this book. It is not at all preachy.

I'd recommend this novel for anyone who is interested in a crime novel that isn't too terribly intense, with light romance thrown in for good measure. And I very much hope that this won't be the last collaboration of these two authors.

Beguiled
Deanne Gist, J. Mark Bertrand
Paperback, 332 pages
Published February 1st 2010 by Bethany House
ISBN
0764206281
4 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I like your review of this book. I'll try to read Beguiled ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just learned about a 2004 autobiography called "Get Off the Cross - Someone Else Needs the Wood." I know the author and have sent a copy to my parents. Hopefully I can get it back when they finish with it. It looks to be a soul-searching quest to find a suitable ministry. The author, Ken Deasy, does missionary work now.

    ReplyDelete