Welcome!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

-C.S. Lewis


What we read has such an impact on us, and I am always on the lookout for something that will inspire me to be a better person. Here is a sampling of books that have been in the teetering stack sitting on top of what is rumored to be my bedside table.





Saturday, February 12, 2011

Crazy Love

I didn't realize how much debate there is in the theological community over this author until I'd read this book. I am not a theologian in any sense, but here is my layman's perspective of this book.

I appreciated the first section of the book, which examined God's character as He shows Himself in the Bible. I am impressed with Chan's challenge of the American church and its members to look within themselves to see if they are truly following God's word. The second part of the book focused on ways in which we as Christians can examine ourselves. It gives guidance on how to allow God to lead us in the path of the righteous.

The book was good in that it absolutely caused me to examine my life as a Christian more closely. However, the writing style was not as riveting as I had hoped it would be, which made it difficult to keep my interest for long periods of time. But, as with many issues of a spiritual nature, perhaps this book is best read slowly and deliberately, leaving time for prayer.

I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in stepping up their spirituality.

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
Francis Chan
David C. Cook (2008)
ISBN:   9781434768513

No comments:

Post a Comment